All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionThis book should be useful to lecturers who teach senior undergraduates, graduate students, and students in the biomedical sciences in general. More globally, Greenwell and McCulley's book should encourage academicians of any stripe who for some time have been honing their lectures in a niche subject area to turn their courses into textbooks. -Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education Molecular therapeutics refers to the developments in molecular biology that are focused on treating disease with new molecular-based drugs. By taking advantage of recent advances and increased understanding in the field of human genetics, this book provides essential background kwledge and key literature on a broad range of vel approaches and disciplines. These include making recombinant proteins, xetransplantation gene therapy and therapeutic cloning. Molecular Therapeutics: 21st Century Medicine describes the techniques - including their associated benefits, problems, pitfalls - and discusses their applicability with respect to treating microbial, inherited, multifactoral and acquired diseases. The book also pays specific attention to the ethical issues associated with this new field.* Cutting-edge topics and clinically relevant materials engage and maintain student interest* Self-assessment questions are included throughout the book* Features an additional web site, with a web forum, regular updates and PowerPoint slides of figures from the book Molecular Therapeutics: 21st Century Medicine is a comprehensive, accessible and engaging guide to the rapidly developing field of molecular therapeutics. It is essential reading for all students in this area of research and also of interest for health professionals involved in these vel therapies.
- Author BiographyPamela Greenwell is Principal Lecturer at The University of Westminster. She leads a research team in glycobiology, molecular biology and bioinformatics and is actively involved with enabling research in clinical trials between academics, industry and Primary Care Trusts. Michelle McCulley has a background in human genetics and experience teaching a broad range of students and health professionals, she is currently a Senior Teaching fellow at the Peninsula Medical School.
- Author(s)Michelle McCulley,Pamela Greenwell
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/11/2007
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight452 g
- Width170 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.