All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.22Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionHere, the best-selling author and rewned researcher, K. C. Nicolaou, presents around 40 natural products that all have an ermous impact on our everyday life. Printed in full color throughout with a host of pictures, this book is written in the author's very enjoyable and distinct style, such that each chapter is full of interesting and entertaining information on the facts, stories and people behind the scenes. Molecules covered span the healthy and useful, as well as the much-needed and extremely toxic, including Aspirin, urea, camphor, morphine, strychnine, penicillin, vitamin B12, Taxol, Brevetoxin and quinine. A veritable pleasure to read.
- Author BiographyK. C. Nicolaou is Professor of Chemistry at the University of California, San Diego and is Chairman of the Department of Chemistry and holds the Skaggs Professorship of Chemical Biology and the Darlene Shiley Chair in Chemistry at The Scripps Research Insitute. His impact on chemistry flows from his works in chemical synthesis and chemical biology described in over 550 publications and 55 patents. Tamsyn Montagnon received her B.Sc. in Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry from the University of Leeds, UK, which was followed by a move to the University of Sussex where she obtained a D.Phil in 2000. She was awarded a GlaxoWellcome post-doctoral fellowship and joined Professor K. C. Nicolaou's group as a postdoc. She is now assistant professor at the University of Crete.
- Author(s)K. C. Nicolaou,Tamsyn Montagnon
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication06/02/2008
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, ports.
- Weight2084 g
- Width309 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.