All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.35
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.85
About this product
- DescriptionThis Norton Critical Edition is again based on the first edition text (1722), the only text kwn to be Defoe's own. It is accompanied by detailed explanatory antations and the editor's essay outlining the vel's textual history. Contexts collects related documents on criminal transport, contemporary accounts of lives of crime, and colonial laws as they applied to servants, slaves, and runaways. Criticism includes eleven interpretations by Juliet McMaster, Everett Zimmerman, Maximillian E. Novak, Henry Knight Miller, Ian A. Bell, Carol Kay, Paula B. Backscheider, John Rietz, Ann Louise Kibbie, John Richetti, and Ellen Pollak. A Chrology and Selected Bibliography are also included.
- Author BiographyALBERT J. RIVERO is Professor of English at Marquette University. He is the author of The Plays of Henry Fielding: A Critical Study of His Dramatic Career, and editor of New Essays on Samuel Richardson, Augustan Subjects: Essays in Honor of Martin C. Battestin and Critical Essays of Henry Fielding.
- Author(s)Daniel Defoe
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication16/01/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleNorton Critical Editions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Notechronology, bibliog
- Weight500 g
- Width132 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAlbert J. Rivero
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.