All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'This book took me straight back to my holiday in Molvania: I intend to sue.' Ben Schott Molvania, birthplace of the polka and whooping cough, is often overlooked as a tourist destination but thanks to this fully up-dated Jetlag Travel Guide the keen traveler can w enjoy one of central Europe's best-kept secrets.Everything you need to kw about this unique nation, 'a land untouched by modern dentistry' is here including: Useful phrases: Sprufki Doh Craszko?What is that smell? Eating Out: As a rule, eating out in Molvania is quite cheap...but in some larger cities you may be expected to pay extra for a waiter with a moustache. Accomodation: At the top end you can't go past Hotjl Palfvi.It's a 250-year-old Carmelite convent that has been tastefully restored with a real eye for period detail.For example, each room features a large wooden crucifix that opens to reveal a fully-stocked mini-bar. Culture:The national anthem was chosen in 1987 as part of a competition, sung to the tune of 'Oh What a Feeling' from Flashdance, the third verse is generally considered optional.'
- Author BiographyThe jetlag travel guide to molvania is written by Australia's most successful satirical team.Their work has included internationally successful feature films and TV shows.
- PrizesShortlisted for Nielsen BookData/ABA Book of the Year Award - Booksellers' Choice 2003.
- Author(s)Rob Sitch,Santo Cilauro,Tom Gleisner
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAtlantic Books
- Content Note35 colour illustrations
- Width132 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.36Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.