All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThrough vividly written case studies and a reader-friendly question-and-answer format, <i>Mom, They re Teasing Me</i> is full of specific, how-to advice for parents to help their children navigate the sometimes harsh terrain of social life which includes name-calling, after-school fights, esteem-crushing cliques, and malicious exclusion by the popular kids. Through thoughtful discussion and insightful suggestions, parents will discover The difference between real risk and rmal social pain The appropriate time to intervene and when to step back Tips on how to mediate between children without appearing meddlesome The importance of teaching and encouraging leadership The redemptive power of friendship <i>Mom, They re Teasing Me</i> answers key questions about the many manifestations of social cruelty, offers compelling descriptions of prime teasing scenarios, and illustrates how to counter them. It is an indispensable book for involved parents who want to make their child s formative years rich and rewarding.
- Author Biography<b>Michael Thompson, Ph.D.</b>, is a psychologist, lecturer, consultant, and former seventh-grade teacher. He conducts workshops on social cruelty, children s friendships, and boys development across the United States. He is the author of <i>Speaking of Boys</i> and coauthor of the <i>New York Times </i>bestseller <i>Raising</i><i>Cain</i>, as well as <i>Best Friends, Worst Enemies</i>, with Catherine O Neill Grace and Lawrence J. Cohen. The father of a daughter and a son, he and his wife live in Arlington, Massachusetts. <b>Lawrence J. Cohen, Ph.D.</b>, is a psychologist and the author of <i>Playful Parenting</i>. He is also a columnist for <i>The Boston Globe</i>. He lives in Brookline, Massachusetts, with his wife and daughter. <b>Catherine O Neill Grace </b>is the author of numerous nonfiction books for children and was a former middle school teacher. For fifteen years she wrote a <i>Washington Post</i> column for young readers about health and psychology. She and her husband live in Waltham, Massachusetts. <i>From the Hardcover edition.</i>
- Author(s)Michael Phd Thompson
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication31/07/2004
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books Inc.
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Weight204 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.