Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionMom and Pop Tex-Mex is a book about the way Tex-Mex cooking used to be before it was glamoured up and improved by those who felt they could do it better. Included are traditional recipes actually used in popular cafes and restaurants in San Antonio and the South Texas region. If you want to kw the way to do it in your own restaurant, this book will give you straightforward advice from someone who has been there and done it for years. If you want to do it at home, you can use the same recipes and feel confident that you are serving the same food you would have found in the 1950's and 1960's in San Antonio's Mexican Restaurants. This book is unique in featuring only proven commercial recipes from the traditional San Antonio cafe style of Tex-Mex cooking.
- Author BiographyMusician and chef Michael Fahrenthold was born in San Antonio, Texas and grew up south of town on a small farm where he took care of the family's chickens and milked two cows daily. During and after high school he worked as a musician in clubs around San Antonio, eventually moving to Hollywood to play at the Whiskey A-Go-Go on Sunset Strip. After a year long tour of duty in Vietnam with the U.S. Army, he returned home and got a degree in music from Trinity University. While going to college, he worked at Karam's Mexican Restaurant in San Antonio and then over the years opened his own restaurants in San Antonio, Canyon Lake, and Port Aransas, Texas. After owning and managing a flamenco restaurant/bar in Playa del Carmen, Mexico he opened a Tex-Mex Cafe for the U.S. Navy at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. After many years as a food & beverage manager for hotels and resorts he recently opened the Republic of Texas Cafe in Volcan, Panama.
- Author(s)Michael Fahrenthold
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication20/01/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.