All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
About this product
- DescriptionMomentary Peace: an examination of the Catholic references in the works of Gertrud Leutenegger examines the way Catholic images, allusions and references are used by Gertrud Leutenegger, a contemporary Swiss writer, in expressing engagement with her faith, a theme developed from text to text over the period of 1975-2004. Two main religious themes run through the selected texts Vorabend, Ninive, Kontinent, Meduse, Acheron, Sphaerenklang and Pomona - rejection of the institutionalised Church and the search for a female expression of Catholicism to counter a male dominated Church. Leutenegger's use of motifs and symbols drawn from Bible stories, myths and legends and a range of other intertextual references is discussed. A tension between the strong image of Mary as nurturer of the infant Christ and the secondary role allocated to women by the Church links the two dominant religious themes in Leutenegger's works. The idea of flight from danger to a point of safety and the moments of peace that occur along the way, as the metaphorical framework in which spiritual awareness is developed, is identified as common to each work.
- Author BiographyDiana Leeder is a graduate of the University of New England, Armidale, New South Wales. In 1968 she spent twelve months in Birmensdorf, Zurich, during which time she developed an interest in Swiss culture. More recently she has spent time in Basel over a number of years whilst undertaking her doctoral research. She now lives and works in Darwin, Northern Territory.
- Author(s)Diana Leeder
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication05/01/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleTexte Und Studien Zur Literatur Der Deutschen Schweiz
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2011
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Weight410 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.