All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $33.19
- AU $34.13Trending at AU $37.90
About this product
- DescriptionA guide to the latest, most promising technical indicators and their applications Momentum, direction, and divergence are the three basic components of nearly all technical indicators used in the analysis of stock and commodities trading. And for those who understand them and their applications, they are also the pillars of a high-performance trading strategy. In this groundbreaking book, technical wizard William Blau schools financial professionals in all three. Combining the latest financial information with dozens of eye-opening graphics, Blau clearly, concisely, and with a minimum of complex mathematics: Introduces the principle of double smoothing and develops potent new indicators based on double smoothing techniques Describes the uses and limitations of a variety of table technical indicators Explains momentum, direction, and divergence and new ways to apply them Presents the True Strength Index and shows how it can dramatically improve most directional indicators Provides new ways of identifying divergence that make implementation far simpler than ever before MOMENTUM, DIRECTION, AND DIVERGENCE The Wiley Trader's Advantage is a series of concise, highly focused books designed to keep savvy traders in tune with the latest successful strategies and techniques used by the keenest minds in the business. In this latest volume, technical expert Bill Blau shows you how momentum, direction, and divergence form the basis of most technical indicators and how they can work for you to provide a considerable competitive advantage. Clearly, concisely, and with a minimum of complex mathematics, Blau shows you how to understand and apply them. Integrating the latest financial insights with more than 75 easy-to-follow graphics, Blau describes the uses and limitations of many of today's most table technical indicators. He then demonstrates a variety of ways in which the principles of momentum, direction, and divergence can be used to create a versatile new set of technical indicators or to improve the effectiveness of the most widely used traditional indicators. Focusing on the groundbreaking double smoothing concept, which he introduces for the first time in this book, William Blau: Develops reliable new momentum indicators based on double smoothing techniques Shows how these indicators improve the effectiveness of most popular oscillators, including the RSI, MACD, and stochastic indicators, by solving a host of timing problems Combines the standard Welles Wilder techniques with his original True Strength Index to improve the effectiveness of most directional movement indicators Introduces new ways of identifying divergence that make implementation simpler than ever And much more A complete guide to the most potent new indicators and their applications, Momentum, Direction, and Divergence is an indispensable resource for traders, portfolio managers, and all financial professionals.
- Author BiographyWILLIAM BLAU is a trader with expertise in momentum indicators and their applications. His articles have appeared in Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities, and he was a speaker on the Dow Jones/Telerate 1993 World Tour. Prior to becoming a trader, he founded his own engineering firm, specializing in technical consulting for government, industry, and manufacturing prototypes and small production run machines. William Blau holds a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from NYU and a master's in systems engineering and operations research from the University of Pennsylvania. About the Series Editor: PERRY J. KAUFMAN has been designing and developing trading strategies and hedge and arbitrage programs in derivatives markets since 1970. He is the author of six books, including The New Commodity Trading Systems and Methods and Smarter Trading. Mr. Kaufman is part of Kaufman Diamond & Yeong, an international consulting firm with offices in Vermont, Chicago, and Singapore.
- Author(s)William Blau
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication21/04/1995
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Series TitleWiley Trader's Exchange
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Note75 graphs
- Weight396 g
- Width163 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.