CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.30
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a heartwarming collection of one hundred art pieces, each forming the shape of a heart. When a person falls in love, the universe - and everything in it - comes vividly alive. It happened to San Francisco artist Page Hodel when she found the love of her life, Madalene Rodriguez. She expressed her devotion in an unusual way: Early every Monday morning, Page would create a heart for Madalene and leave it for her to discover somewhere near her front door. Tragically, Madalene died of ovarian cancer less than a year after she and Page met. But Page's love goes on, beautifully symbolized in the hearts she continues to create from a plentitude of objects. Here are photographs of one hundred of Page's hearts for Madalene, fashioned from a magical, surprising diversity of materials: acorns and asparagus; berries, buttons and bungee cord; cardboard, clothespins, corks and candy corn. True love embraces the world and Page's art is testimony to its enduring faith.
- Author BiographyPage Hodel, a San Francisco Bay native, is an internationally renowned DJ and nightclub promoter. As a DJ, she has been booked at major dance venues in San Francisco as well as clubs in New York, Los Angeles, Seattle and Paris.
- Author(s)Page Hodel
- PublisherStewart, Tabori & Chang Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintStewart, Tabori & Chang Inc
- Out-of-print date24/07/2012
- Content Note115 colour photographs
- Weight520 g
- Width191 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.