Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe euro has been a remarkable success. By its tenth anniversary in 2009 it had become one of the world's major currencies, rivalled only by the US dollar in usage and global influence. It is used by 320 million people in 16 countries, and these figures look set to rise as, with the exception of Britain and Denmark, all EU member states are obliged to adopt the currency. This major new text provides a theoretically-informed account of Ecomic and Monetary Union in the EU. It examines the history of European monetary integration, from its origins in the Bretton Woods Agreements through to the adoption of the euro by the accession states of Central and Eastern Europe. It provides a clear explanation of the key policies and institutions of ecomic integration and examines the role played by the euro in international markets. While it is informed throughout by the latest research in ecomics and political science, the book's technical discussion has been kept to a minimum to help make it an extremely readable introduction to European monetary integration.
- Author BiographyMICHELLE CHANG is Professor in European Political and Administrative Studies, College of Europe (Bruges, Belguim).
- Author(s)Michele Chang
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication31/03/2009
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe European Union Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Out-of-print date24/08/2016
- Content Note1 maps, 1 black & white line drawings, 19 graphs
- Weight402 g
- Width137 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.