All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionForrest Capie is an eminent ecomic historian who has published extensively on a wide range of topics, with an emphasis on banking and monetary history, particularly in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, but also in other areas such as tariffs and the interwar ecomy. He is also a former editor of the Ecomic History Review, one of the leading academic journals in this discipline. This book comprises a collection of papers by eminent scholars in the fields of historiography, banking, monetary ecomics both domestic and international, and tariff theory and policy, all areas to which Forrest Capie, in whose hour this book was produced, has made major contributions. Under the editorship of Geoffrey Wood, Terence Mills and Nicholas Crafts, this book brings together a stellar line of contributors - including Charles Goodhart, Harold James, Michael Bordo, Barry Eichengreen and Charles Calomiris. The book analyses many of the mainstream themes in ecomic and financial history - monetary policy, international financial regulation, ecomic performance, exchange rate systems, international trade, banking and financial markets - where historical perspectives are considered important. The current wave of globalisation has stimulated interest in many of these areas as 'lessons of history' are sought. These themes also reflect the breadth of Capie's work in terms of time periods and topics. This expertly written book contain original scholarly work, often with new empirical results, and will be of interest to Ecomics postgraduates and researchers, particularly those focussing on monetary ecomics, banking and ecomic history, as well as to Central Bankers and trade negotiators.
- Author BiographyGeoffrey Wood is Professor of Economics at City University, London, UK. Terence Mills is Professor of Applied Statistics and Econometrics at Loughborough University, UK. Nicholas Crafts is Professor of Economic History at Warwick University, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/11/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note41 black & white illustrations, 25 black & white tables, 4 black & white halftones, 37 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byGeoffrey E. Wood,Nicholas Crafts,Terence Mills
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.