All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionMoney Laundering: Business Compliance is a timely and user-friendly manual that shows you how to comply fully and effectively with the Money Laundering Regulations 2003. In the drive to halt funding terrorist activity, control of money laundering activity has risen high on the government's agenda. The Money Laundering Regulations 2003 expand the regulator's already wide powers. Failure to comply with anti-money laundering provisions prevents businesses functioning properly, carries severe financial penalties and can result in serious criminal sanctions. Using flowcharts, diagrams, checklists and bullet points, this book explains how you can spot activities that must be reported. It alerts you to when and how you must report and to do so within minimum business interruption; demonstrates how to ensure compliance with the regulatory framework; gives details on correct training procedures; tells you how to avoid falling foul of the stringent rules against tipping off; and arms you with the kwledge to avoid the pitfalls. With its uniquely practical approach and hands-on guidance, the book should be the first port of call for all those wanting to understand the regulations and the guidance tes. This book is essential reading for MLROs, directors, compliance officers, risk officers, finance directors and accountants, company secretaries and all those within the regulated sector.
- Author BiographyStuart Bazley is the Managing Director of Compliance Services at the Momenta Group. Stuart is a Barrister and holds a Masters degree in Banking and Securities Law. He has worked in the Financial Services Industry for over 20 years, including five years as Head of Compliance and UK General Counsel for Edward Jones Ltd, one of the largest US private client stockbrokers. Stuart has considerable experience of a wide range of regulatory matters, including conduct of business rules, economic crime, money laundering and enforcement actions. Stuart has worked closely with APCIMS (the trade association for private client stockbrokers an fund managers) on their regulatory committee and money laundering advisory group. Lecturing extensively on Financial Services regulation in the UK and abroad, he is co-author of 'Risk Based Compliance', published by Butterworths Caroline Foster qualified as a solicitor in 1987. She worked in private practice for seven years, before joining Hill Samuel Investment Services Group as a legal adviser. Since October 1999, she has been with private client broker/dealer Edward Jones Limited where she is Compliance Solicitor, Deputy Legal Counsel, and Deputy MLRO. She is a Member of the Securities Institute, and sits on the Regulatory Committee of the Association of Private Client Investment Managers and Stockbrokers. Caroline has written and presented seminars on money laundering, and is the author of the money laundering module of the Postgraduate Diploma on Financial Services Law offered by London Metropolitan University and Informa Distance Learning. Caroline was a member of the Interdiction of Terrorist Property Working Group which reported on the Legal Implications of the Financial War on Terror in July 2002. In addition to 'Money Laundering: Business Compliance', Caroline is also working on a new book about 'Know Your Customer' law and regulation.
- Author(s)Caroline Bell Foster,Stuart Bazley
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication01/07/2004
- SubjectNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworths Tolley Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width149 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.