All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is money, and how does it work? The conventional answer is that people once used sugar in the West Indies, tobacco in Virginia, and dried cod in Newfoundland, and that today's financial universe evolved from barter. Unfortunately, there is a problem with this story. It's wrong. And t just wrong, but dangerous. Money: the Unauthorised Biography unfolds a paramic secret history and explains the truth about money: what it is, where it comes from, and how it works. Drawing on stories from throughout human history and around the globe, Money will radically rearrange your understanding of the world and shows how money can once again become the most powerful force for freedom we have ever kwn.
- Author BiographyFelix Martin was educated in the UK, Italy and the US, and holds degrees in classics, international relations and economics, including a D.Phil. in Economics from Oxford University. He worked for the World Bank and for the European Stability Initiative think tank, and is currently a partner in the fixed income division at Liontrust Asset Management plc.
- PrizesLong-listed for Guardian First Book Award 2013.
- Author(s)Felix Martin
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication06/06/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Bodley Head Ltd
- Out-of-print date23/01/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight686 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.