CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is money, and how does it work? The conventional answer is that people once used sugar in the West Indies, tobacco in Virginia, and dried cod in Newfoundland, and that today's financial universe evolved from barter. Unfortunately, there is a problem with this story. It's wrong. And t just wrong, but dangerous. Money: the Unauthorised Biography unfolds a paramic secret history and explains the truth about money: what it is, where it comes from, and how it works. Drawing on stories from throughout human history and around the globe, Money will radically rearrange your understanding of the world and shows how money can once again become the most powerful force for freedom we have ever kwn.
- Author BiographyFelix Martin received a D.Phil. in Economics from Oxford University. He worked for the World Bank, was a member of the Economics Curriculum Committee of George Soros' Institute for New Economic Thinking, and is currently a partner in the fixed income department at a leading London-based fund management firm.
- PrizesLong-listed for Guardian First Book Award 2013.
- Author(s)Felix Martin
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication06/06/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Bodley Head Ltd
- Out-of-print date24/07/2015
- Weight502 g
- Width153 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.