All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is money, and how does it work? The conventional answer is that people once used sugar in the West Indies, tobacco in Virginia, and dried cod in Newfoundland, and that today's financial universe evolved from barter. Unfortunately, there is a problem with this story. It's wrong. And t just wrong, but dangerous. Money: the Unauthorised Biography unfolds a paramic secret history and explains the truth about money: what it is, where it comes from, and how it works. Drawing on stories from throughout human history and around the globe, Money will radically rearrange your understanding of the world and shows how money can once again become the most powerful force for freedom we have ever kwn.
- Author BiographyFelix Martin was educated in the UK, Italy and the US, and holds degrees in classics, international relations and economics, including a D.Phil. in Economics from Oxford University. He worked for the World Bank and for the European Stability Initiative think tank, and is currently a partner in the fixed income division at Liontrust Asset Management plc.
- PrizesLong-listed for Guardian First Book Award 2013.
- Author(s)Felix Martin
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication03/07/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations (black and white)
- Weight331 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.