All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book reflects the implications of a social performance management agenda for the perspective of twelve partners from Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe, who participated in a three-year microfinance action-research programme kwn as Imp-Act. It features contributions from MFI staff who worked with Imp-Act directly, as well as from members of Imp-Act's academic team, who worked closely with the partners. The book reflects each MFI's unique, contextualized approach to measuring and monitoring the social impacts of microfinance, emphasizing the role played by this work in improving delivery of services; increasing client satisfaction and reducing drop-outs from microfinance programmes; and increasing impacts on poverty.Running through the book are three interlinked stories: the story of Imp-Act, an action-research partnership responding to particular concerns within the microfinance industry; the story of organizational systems and learning around social impacts, and the resulting changes to service provision and working practices; and the story of changes in clients' lives.The book communicates that Imp-Act is t only about proving impact or improving services, but is also about MFIs rediscovering their mission goals and instilling a sense of purpose in their staff and clients.
- Author BiographyAlyson Brody was Programme and Communications Coordinator for Imp-Act at IDS and has published in anthropology|Martin Greeley is a fellow at the Institute of Development Studies, University of Sussex, UK. His research and publication are concentrated particularly on poverty assessment, rural development and development finance in South Asia and East Africa. Katie Wright-Revolledo is Senior Researcher at INTRAC. She has extensive fieldwork experience in microfinance in Latin America and has published a significant amount on microfinance.
- PublisherITDG Publishing
- Date of Publication15/12/2005
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintITDG Publishing
- Content Notetables, charts
- Weight379 g
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAlyson Brody,Katie Wright-Revolledo,Martin Greeley
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.