All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe debate over the affair between Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings rarely rises above the question of 'Did they or didn't they?' But lost in the argument over the existence of such a relationship are equally urgent questions about a history that is more complex, both sexually and culturally, than most of us realize. Mongrel Nation seeks to uncover this complexity, as well as the reasons it is so often obscured.
- Author BiographyClarence E. Walker, Professor of History at the University of California, Davis, is the coauthor of The Preacher and the Politician: Jeremiah Wright, Barack Obama, and Race in America (Virginia) and the author of We Can't Go Home Again: An Argument about Afrocentrism.
- Author(s)Clarence E. Walker
- PublisherUniversity of Virginia Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleJeffersonian America
- Place of PublicationCharlottesville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Virginia Press
- Weight181 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine10 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.