All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.07Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionOffers new strategies to optimize polymer reactions With contributions from leading macromolecular scientists and engineers, this book provides a practical guide to polymerization monitoring. It enables laboratory researchers to optimize polymer reactions by providing them with a better understanding of the underlying reaction kinetics and mechanisms. Moreover, it opens the door to improved industrial-scale reactions, including enhanced product quality and reduced harmful emissions. Monitoring Polymerization Reactions begins with a review of the basic elements of polymer reactions and their kinetics, including an overview of stimuli-responsive polymers. Next, it explains why certain polymer and reaction characteristics need to be monitored. The book then explores a variety of practical topics, including: * Principles and applications of important polymer characterization tools, such as light scattering, gel permeation chromatography, calorimetry, rheology, and spectroscopy * Automatic continuous online monitoring of polymerization (ACOMP) reactions, a flexible platform that enables characterization tools to be employed simultaneously during reactions in order to obtain a complete record of multiple reaction features * Modeling of polymerization reactions and numerical approaches * Applications that optimize the manufacture of industrially important polymers Throughout the book, the authors provide step-by-step strategies for implementation. In addition, ample use of case studies helps readers understand the benefits of various monitoring strategies and approaches, enabling them to choose the best one to match their needs. As new stimuli-responsive and intelligent polymers continue to be developed, the ability to monitor reactions will become increasingly important. With this book as their guide, polymer scientists and engineers can take full advantage of the latest monitoring strategies to optimize reactions in both the lab and the manufacturing plant.
- Author BiographyWAYNE F. REED is Professor of Physics and Founding Director of the Tulane Center for Polymer Reaction Monitoring and Characterization. Dr. Reed has authored more than 100 scientific articles and holds several patents in the area of polymer reaction monitoring and characterization. ALINA M. ALB is Research Assistant Professor of Physics and Associate Director for Research at the Tulane Center for Polymer Reaction Monitoring and Characterization. Dr. Alb, author of numerous scientific articles and co-inventor of new instrumentation, has developed original methods to follow online synthesis of novel materials.
- Author(s)Alina M. Alb,Wayne F. Reed
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication21/02/2014
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1354 g
- Width221 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.