All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.55
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most respected figures in Catholic higher education, the Reverend Edward A. Malloy has written a thoroughly engaging first installment of his three-volume memoir. This book covers the years from his birth in 1941 to 1975, when he received his doctorate in Christian ethics from Vanderbilt. Written in his trademark self-effacing and humorous style, Malloy's book portrays his childhood growing up in the rtheast Washington, D.C., neighborhood of Brookland (the neighborhood's alias was 'Little Rome' because of all the Catholic church-related institutions it encompassed). Malloy describes his family and early education, his growing love of sports, and his years at Archbishop Carroll High School where he played on an extraordinarily successful basketball team. The next five chapters chronicle his undergraduate years at Notre Dame, where he was recruited to play basketball, his decision to become a priest, his seminary experience, the taking of final vows, and his graduate school experience at Vanderbilt University. Monk's Tale is a captivating account of growing up Catholic in the 1940s and '50s, as well as a revealing reflection of the dramatic changes that occurred in the Catholic Church and in American society during the 1960s. This book is also a loving tribute to Malloy's parents, sisters, friends, teachers, religious mentors, and colleagues who helped pave his way to the University of Notre Dame and to his profound commitment to service, leadership, and God.
- Author BiographyREV. EDWARD A. MONK MALLOY, C.S.C., served from 1987 to 2005 as the sixteenth president of the University of Notre Dame, where he is currently professor of theology.
- Author(s)Edward A. Malloy
- PublisherUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2009
- SubjectAutobiography: Religious & Spiritual
- Place of PublicationNotre Dame IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Notre Dame Press
- Content Note36 illustrated halftones
- Weight599 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.