All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn June 1778, Clinton decided to evacuate his army from Philadelphia to New York. Washington sent almost half his army to strike at the rear of the British when Clinton moved out of Monmouth Courthouse. However, confusion among Lee's troops led to their attacks being repulsed. Washington himself later withstood a series of powerful British attacks but the heat and lack of water led to the battle petering out. The battle was the last major action in the Northern theatre, and also the longest and hardest-fought engagement of the entire Revolutionary War. This book analyses this crucial battle which has until w been shrouded in confusion and obscurity.
- Author BiographyBrendan Morrissey trained as a lawyer before working as a PR consultant and writer in the defence industry, principally with British Aerospace. He has a long-standing interest in military affairs and Anglo-American relations. Brendan has written several titles on this subject in Osprey's Campaign series, including volumes 67: 'Saratoga 1777', 37: 'Boston 1775', and 47: 'Yorktown 1781'. He is married and lives in Surrey, UK. Adam Hook studied graphic design, and began his work as an illustrator in 1983. He specialises in detailed historical reconstructions, and has illustrated Osprey titles on the Aztecs, the Greeks, the American Civil War and the American Revolution. His work features in exhibitions and publications throughout the world.
- Author(s)Brendan Morrissey
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/05/2004
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleCampaign
- Series Part/Volume Number135
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note75 b&w and 11 colour illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Adam Hook
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.97Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.