CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThis represents the third volume in a series on cancer markers pub- lished by the Humana Press. The first volume, published in 1980, stressed the relationship of development and cancer as reflected in the production of markers by cancer that are also produced by rmal cells during fetal development. The concept that cancer represents a problem of differentiation was introduced by Barry Pierce in describing differenti- ation of teratocarcimas. Highlighted were lymphocyte markers, alphafetoprotein, carciembryonic antigen, ectopic hormones, enzymes and isozymes, pregnancy proteins, and fibronectin. The second volume, published in 1982 and coedited with Britta Wahren, focused on the diagstic use of oncological markers in human cancers, which were systematically treated on an organ by organ basis. At that time, the application of moclonal antibodies to the identification of cancer markers was still in a very preliminary stage. A general introduc- tion to moclonal antibodies to human tumor antigens was given there by William Raschke, and other authors included coverage of those mark- ers then detectable by moclonal antibodies in their chapters.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication24/04/1985
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleContemporary Biomedicine
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 6
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1770 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byRalph A. Reisfeld,Stewart Sell
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.