Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.95
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.58
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.70
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.88
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $17.01
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.73
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.38
About this product
- DescriptionThe universe told a joke. Travis Nguyen doesn't get it. NOT YET. Commissioned to write the first book printed on paper in over a century, Nguyen sets out to uncover what really happened aboard the USCC Me, a well-worn ship left over from the early days of space colonization when humanity sought to save themselves from a horrible pandemic. Cast as the reluctant author, Nguyen hopes to answer one of the greatest mysteries of his time: What really happened to the crew aboard the Me, and what is so funny about it all? He discovers a tale that is at the same time chilling and hilarious. Part science fiction horror, part philosophical musings, Austin Allen's MONOLITH is a vel that calls into question the nature of morality, the fabric of society, and what it truly means to be insane, all at an intellectual scope seldom encountered in a work of fiction. Suspended in the relationship between its two-part narrative and Nguyen's extensive appendices, it is a sweeping tale that t only speaks creatively to its readers' minds, but also strikes deep at their moral core. Fans of Frank Herbert or Mark Z. Danielewski will rejoice in how once aboard the USCC Me, readers will find themselves challenged to question everything they think they kw about goodness, humanity, horror and humor, and everyone who finishes MONOLITH's wild ride will find themselves asking the same question of every person they meet... Want to hear a joke?
- Author BiographyAustin Allen was born in Northern Idaho before moving to Idaho Falls as an infant. He spent his childhood playing music, making movies and writing stories. While attending university, Austin became highly interested in Japanese language and culture, as well as philosophy. Both of these interests led him to pursue a bachelor's degree in philosophy, which he received in 2013. During his time as an undergraduate, Austin was overwhelmed by a concept for a novel that would combine his knowledge and love of philosophy, Japanese culture, and science fiction. After three years of writing, he finished his first full-length science fiction novel, MONOLITH: or, the Greatest Joke the Universe Ever Told. Having graduated from university, Austin is headed to law school to study copyright law. However, he is adamant that his career as a contributor to literature is far from over.
- Author(s)Austin Allen
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.