All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of kids' bestiaries is a critique of Monster Contemporary Architecture. It is a reinterpretation of contemporary iconic forms and the contemplation of the future states of these masterpieces, or more fittingly, Monsterpieces. Two Harvard architecture graduates challenge their to minds un-learn architecture history. They speculate on the future state of post-occupancy of contemporary architectural icons, creating a retrospective of future archeological studies. A response and critique of iconic perFORMance -- the current architectural trend in competing for attention -- this fiction tells the story of building forms that do follow function. In this book, each eccentric form finds its justification in a speculative function, with surreal and dystopian contations. The Casa da Musica is w a swimming pool, and Selfridge Birmingham is a prison for TV addicts, thing more, thing less.
- Author BiographyAude-Line Duliere is an architect and movie production designer in the US & London, with a Bachelor of Architecture degree from the Institut Superieur d'Architecture La Cambre. Her academic work builds on the dual nature of her experience and explores the crossroads between architecture and cinema. Clara Wong is a practicing architect, artist, and assistant professor at the University of Hong Kong, with academic activities bridging between the US and Hong Kong. She received her bachelor's degree summa cum laude from Princeton University School of Architecture, and graduated with awards from the Princeton University Program in Visual Arts, focusing on Drawing and Painting.
- Author(s)Aude-Line Duliere,Clara Wong
- PublisherOro Editions
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- Place of PublicationSan Rafael
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOro Editions
- Content Note150 illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.