All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.64
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.45
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.21
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $23.01Trending at AU $23.48
About this product
- DescriptionBeware what lurks beneath your bed...It could lead to a monstrous adventure. Thirteen-year-old Lissa Black is miserable when her parents force her to move from New York City (the perfect home for an aspiring writer/director/actress) to Freeburg, Pennsylvania, where capital of the world. There's thing to do there, except play her little sister Haylie's favorite new game, Monsterville, and hang out with her new neighbor Adam. But when a walk in the woods lands her face-to-face with a swamp monster hungry for brains and then a Sasquatch that moos, even Lissa can't call her new home totally boring. With Adam's help, she catches the culprit behind the drama: a shape-shifting goblin who's fled from the monster world of Down Below. And what do you do with a creature that can be literally anything? Make monster movies, of course! Lissa is convinced that Blue will be the secret to her big break. But when Haylie goes missing on Halloween, Lissa, Adam, and the monster must venture Down Below to stage a rescue--and face the real Monsterville, which is anything but a game. Monsterville is a fusion of The Boxtrolls, Jumanji, and Candyland, weaving together friendship, family, and monsters into a funny fantasy-horror brimming with heart from a great new middle grade voice.
- Author BiographySarah Schauerte Reida is a writer, lawyer, and ugly animal advocate. Growing up in the Midwest (Illinois, to be precise), she read everything she could get her hands on, as well as watched many, many movies during her parents' camping trips involving electricity and s'mores in a microwave. A member of The Sweet Sixteens, Sarah's debut middle grade novel, Monstervile: A Lissa Black Production, is her first novel. A graduate of Saint Louis University (B.A). and Case Western Reserve University School of Law (J.D.), Sarah makes a living helping veteran business owners compete for federal contracts. She and her husband Scott live in the Atlanta area with their dog and four cats. By the time this biography reaches print, they will probably have acquired another animal.
- Author(s)Sarah Schauerte Reida
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Weight471 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Interest AgeFrom 8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.