All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Monstrous Regiment of Women , Sharon Jansen explores the case for and against female rule by examining the arguments made by theorists from Sir John Fortescue (1461) through Bishop Bossuet (1680) interweaving their arguments with references to the most well-kwn early modern queens. The 'story' of early modern European political history looks very different if, instead of focusing on kings and their sons, we see successive generations of powerful women and the shifting political alliances of the period from a very different, and revealing, perspective.
- Author BiographySHARON L. JANSEN is Professor of English at Pacific Lutheran University, USA.
- Author(s)Sharon L. Jansen
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication13/12/2002
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleQueenship and Power
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Notebiography
- Weight561 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.