All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.00
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $116.22
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
About this product
- DescriptionThe Montana Cowboy brings together true stories of real cowboys and cowgirls from across the Treasure State. Cowboys who have chased wild horses in the Missouri River badlands, ridden through freezing blizzards, and followed the roundup wagons while branding calves in the spring and gathering in the fall. Many of these stories come from early day settlers and exhibit the fortitude and toughness needed to survive when Montana was little more than a land of wolf tracks and unfenced grass. Others relate more modern experiences, some dangerous, others unpredictable, as so often happens when working with livestock. Through them all, a thread of humor and respect for fellow man runs like an invisible strand, just as the cowboy's heart is never far from a jest or a practical joke.
- Author BiographyThe seventh of nine children, Wanda Rosseland was born in Glendive, Montana, and lived in Circle until the fourth grade when her family moved to her grandfather's ranch west of Jordan. The daughter of a cowboy and a cowgirl, there she first rode and helped take care of the cattle on the ranch. The family later moved to Wolf Point where she rode and helped the neighbors with their cows. After graduating from high school at Wolf Point, she attended the Pacific Coast Equestrian Research Farm in order to learn English jumping. After returning to Montana, she married and with her husband has farmed, run sheep, raised cattle, and owned a dirt moving business building dams and dikes for farmers and ranchers, while raising three children. . Her writing career began in 1984 with an 800 word, bi-weekly column on farm life for The Montana Farmer-Stockman. She has also been published in Bow & Arrow Hunting, Montana Magazine, the Furrow, and Guideposts, and has worked as a rural correspondent for the Billings Gazette, the largest daily newspaper in Montana.
- Author(s)Wanda Rosseland
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication02/08/2011
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationGuilford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTwoDot Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight21 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.