All listings for this product
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $19.59
- AU $7.31Trending at AU $12.24
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.49
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $30.06Trending at AU $31.60
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $29.03
About this product
- DescriptionIn many small towns across Montana, the local bar is also the only restaurant and is an important part of community life. In larger towns and cities, gems from Montana's Wild West past are still found. This book celebrates the quirky, unusual, and downright fun and entertaining saloons across the state. Montana Watering Holes features more than fifty of the best spots to stop for a drink (or a burger) scattered across Montana. From big-city spots like the Rhi in Missoula (with its 150 beers on tap) to the famous cheeseburgers at the bar in Pony (pop. 50), community spirit and tradition abound in the nineteenth- and early-twentieth-century buildings that have served as saloons, restaurants, and gathering places throughout the Treasure State. This book describes the best of the best, offering geographic diversity, anecdotes, and sidebars on local characters from the past. It is illustrated with archival and contemporary black-and-white photographs.
- Author BiographyJoan Melcher wrote the first book about Montana bars more than twenty-five years ago and has been interviewed by the Washington Post, the Billings Gazette, and other publications about her search for the perfect Montana bar. She is a regular contributor to the Miller-McCune online and print magazines, and her work has also appeared in Via, the Progressive, Environment, the Christian Science Monitor, and Montana magazine.
- Author(s)Joan Melcher
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGlobe Pequot Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight23 g
- Width213 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementRevised eeition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.