All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe Monte Carlo method has become the de facto standard in radiation transport. Although powerful, if t understood and used appropriately, the method can give misleading results. Monte Carlo Methods for Particle Transport teaches appropriate use of the Monte Carlo method, explaining the method's fundamental concepts as well as its limitations. Concise yet comprehensive, this well-organized text: * Introduces the particle importance equation and its use for variance reduction * Describes general and particle-transport-specific variance reduction techniques * Presents particle transport eigenvalue issues and methodologies to address these issues * Explores advanced formulations based on the author's research activities * Discusses parallel processing concepts and factors affecting parallel performance Featuring illustrative examples, mathematical derivations, computer algorithms, and homework problems, Monte Carlo Methods for Particle Transport provides nuclear engineers and scientists with a practical guide to the application of the Monte Carlo method.
- Author BiographyAlireza Haghighat is a professor at Virginia Tech. He has served as the director of the Nuclear Science and Engineering Lab in Arlington, Virginia, and led the Virginia Tech Theory Transport Group. He previously worked at Penn State and the University of Florida. He holds a Ph.D from the University of Washington. He has published numerous papers, received several best paper awards, and presented many invited workshops, seminars, and papers nationally and internationally. He is a recipient of the 2011 Radiation Protection Shielding Division's Professional Excellence Award, and a recognition award from the Office of Global Threat Reduction. An ANS fellow, he has served in various ANS leadership positions.
- Author(s)Alireza Haghighat
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication18/12/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note75 black & white illustrations, 42 black & white tables
- Weight554 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.