All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn what constitutes the only English-language collection of essays ever dedicated to the analysis of Montesquieu's contributions to political science, the contributors review some of the most vexing controversies that have arisen in the interpretation of Montesquieu's thought. By paying careful attention to the historical, political, and philosophical contexts of Montesquieu's ideas, the contributors provide fresh readings of The Spirit of Laws, clarify the goals and ambitions of its author, and point out the pertinence of his thinking to the problems of our world today.
- Author BiographyDavid W. Carrithers is professor of government at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Michael A. Mosher is professor of political science at the University of Tulsa. Paul A. Rahe is professor of history at the University of Tulsa.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/12/2000
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight608 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDavid W. Carrithers,Michael A. Mosher,Paul Anthony Rahe
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.