Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.56Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.15Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe moment Martha Jefferson discovers that a few drops of Negro blood course through her aristocratic veins, she kws she will do anything to keep this terrible secret from her politically ambitious husband, Thomas. When fire strikes Monticello, the resulting repairs to Thomas Jefferson's historic home reveal a human skeleton, and the questions begin. . . the when is easily discovered, but the who and the why weave a tantalizing mystery that is Monticello's dark secret. In this well-researched vel, which successfully melds historical fact with an intriguing 'what if', we are led back in time to the gripping tale of two women, Martha Jefferson and Betty Hemings, mother of infamous Sally Hemings, both forgotten threads in the rich tapestry of America's history. Nothing about them save their names has survived the centuries-- t a likeness r a personal letter. We kw both belonged to the same man, Thomas Jefferson, one through the vows of marriage and the other through the laws of slavery, and that both lived, dreamed and died in Virginia at a time in our new Nation when fact was more exciting than fiction. Now, we can finally kw and understand them as they might have been.
- Author(s)Betty Lynne Hull
- Date of Publication19/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.