All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionMonumental Venice presents breathtaking paramic views of Venices famed monuments and historic sites, as well as little-kwn gems. Covering many fascinating styles and periods, it features bustling Piazza San Marco, watery churches and abbeys, such as San Giorgio and Il Redentore, tranquil isolated squares and unfrequented districts, and marble palazzos lining the Grand Canal. Straddling the horseshoe-shaped Grand Canal, and viewed from the lofty campaniles of San Marco and San Giorgio, Venice is an apt subject for the paramic photographer, and in Jacques Boulay the City of the Doges has found a talented heir to Venices well-kwn photographic tradition. Venice seamlessly melds old and new, the Gothic Ca dOro and Peggy Guggenheims outstanding museum collection, the ancient Palazzo Pisani-Moretta and the riotous 1920s Hispa-Moorish delirium of the Lido. Boulays achingly beautiful photographs make it evident that Venice is far more than a collection of historic buildings, sixteenth-century fish markets and public squares; its numerous secret gardens, canals and quiet waterways make it one of the most verdant cities in Europe. Venetians are both urban and urbane, and Boulay reveals the brightly hued fishermans houses of Bura, picturesque covered passages and cul-de-sacs, and the legendary Caffe Florian, where generations of Venetians and visitors partake of Negronis or Americas. The paramic vision of Jacques Boulay makes age-old Venice young again.
- Author BiographyJacques Boulay has been taking panoramic photographs of Venice since 1996. His numerous publications include studies of Paul Poiret and Baccarat, as well as The Book of Linen. Jean-Philippe Follet is the author and translator of numerous books on the culture and art of Venice.
- Author(s)Agnes de Gorter,Jean-Philippe Follet
- PublisherVendome Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/10/2012
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVendome Press,U.S.
- Out-of-print date06/08/2016
- Content Noteill
- Weight4750 g
- Width455 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine64 mm
- Photographer(s)Jacques Boulay
- Introduction byAlexis Gregory
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.