All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionAtlantic Europe is the zone par excellence of megalithic monuments, which encompass a wide range of earthen and stone constructions from inpressive stone circles to modest chambered tombs. A single basic concept lies behind this volume - that the intrinsic qualities encountered within the diverse landscapes pf Atlantic Europe both informed the settings chosen for the monuments and played a role in determining their form and visual appearance. Monuments and Landscape in Atlantic Europe goes significantly beyond the limits of existing debate by inviting archaeologists from different countries with the Atlantic zone (including Britain, France, Ireland, Spain and Sweden) to examine the relationship between landscape features and prehistoric monuments in their specialist regions. By placing the issue within a broader regional and intellectual context, the authors illustrate the diversity of current archaeological ideas and approaches converging around this central theme.
- Author BiographyChris Scarre is deputy director of the McDonald Institute for Archaeological Research, Cambridge and specialises in the prehistory of Europe and the Mediterranean.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/04/2002
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note43 line drawings, 45 b&w photographs
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byChris Scarre
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.