All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.06
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.84
About this product
- DescriptionCreative ways to build powerful and effective online courses with Moodle 3.0 About This Book * Unleash your teaching talents and develop exciting, dynamic courses * Put together effective online courses that motivate students from all backgrounds, generations, and learning styles * Find powerful insights into developing more successful and educational courses Who This Book Is For If you want to unleash your teaching talents and develop exciting, dynamic courses that really get students moving forward, then this book is for you. Experienced Moodlers who want to upgrade to Moodle 3.0 will find powerful insights into developing more successful and educational courses. What You Will Learn * Create a dynamic learning environment using different techniques * Motivate your students to collaborate and demonstrate what they are learning and to create projects together * Develop materials you can re-use in your future courses * Create online workshops and galleries for your students to make presentations about what they have learned * Engage your students in team work that helps them connect course content with their experiences and prior learning * Develop high-quality courses that will last to create a personal inventory you can use and re-use In Detail Moodle, the world's most popular, free open-source Learning Management System (LMS) has released several new features and enhancements in its latest 3.0 release. More and more colleges, universities, and training providers are using Moodle, which has helped revolutionize e-learning with its flexible, reusable platform and components. This book brings together step-by-step, easy-to-follow instructions to leverage the full power of Moodle 3 to build highly interactive and engaging courses that run on a wide range of platforms including mobile and cloud. Beginning with developing an effective online course, you will write learning outcomes that align with Bloom's taxomy and list the kinds of instructional materials that will work given one's goal. You will gradually move on to setting up different types of forums for discussions and incorporating multi-media from cloud-base sources. You will then focus on developing effective timed tests, self-scoring quizzes while organizing the content, building different lessons, and incorporating assessments. Lastly, you will dive into more advanced topics such as creating interactive templates for a full course by focussing on creating each element and create workshops and portfolios which encourage engagement and collaboration Style and approach With clear, step-by-step instructions, this book helps you develop good, solid, dynamic courses that will last by making sure that your instructional design is robust, and that they are built around satisfying learning objectives and course outcomes. Packed with plenty of screenshots and practical examples, you will get solid understanding of developing courses that are a success in the real world.
- Author BiographySusan Smith Nash has been designing and developing online courses and programs for more than 15 years for education, training, and personal development. In addition to Moodle 3.x Teaching Techniques, she is the author of a number of Moodle books and training videos, including Moodle Course Design Best Practices and Moodle for Training and Professional Development. She has also authored Video-Assisted Mobile Learning for Writing Courses.
- Author(s)Susan Smith Nash
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication25/05/2016
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight421 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.