All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
About this product
- DescriptionJoin seasoned outdoors authors Tom Stienstra and Ann Marie Brown on an unforgettable adventure. With their unique perspective and advice you can trust, Moon California Hiking has everything you need to kw to explore California's gorgeous trails. Moon California Hiking shows hikers the best way to experience all California has to offer,from breathtaking coastal walks rth of Los Angeles to challenging backcountry treks in the Sierra Nevadas. Stienstra and Brown include unique trip ideas, including Best Desert Hikes, and Best Hikes for Redwoods. Complete with detailed regional maps, hiking tips, difficulty and quality ratings for each hike, Moon California Hiking provides hikers with all the necessary tools to head outdoors.With expertly crafted maps and gorgeous photos, this guidebook gives you the tools you need to have an immersive and unique experience. Moon California Hiking includes areas such as:Shasta and TrinityLassen and ModocMendoci and Wine CountrySacramento and Gold CountryTahoe and Northern SierraSan Francisco Bay AreaMonterey and Big SurSan Joaquin ValleyYosemite and Mammoth LakesSequoia and Kings CanyonSanta Barbara and Los AngelesSan Diego Find the Moon guide that best suits your trip! Exploring more of the West Coast? Try Moon California Camping and Moon Yosemite, Sequoia, & Kings Canyon.
- Author BiographyFor 30 years, Tom Stienstra's full-time job has been to capture and communicate the outdoor experience. This has led him across California,fishing, hiking, camping, boating, biking, and flying,searching for the best of the outdoors and then writing about it.Tom is the nation's top-selling author of outdoors guidebooks. He has been inducted into the California Outdoor Hall of Fame and has twice been awarded National Outdoor Writer of the Year, newspaper division, by the Outdoor Writers Association of America. He has also been named California Outdoor Writer of the Year five times, most recently in 2007. Tom is the outdoors columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle his articles appear on sfgate.com and in newspapers around the country. He broadcasts a weekly radio show on KCBS-San Francisco and formerly hosted an outdoor television show on CBS/CW San Francisco.The author of 13 outdoor guidebooks, Ann Marie Brown is a dedicated California outdoorswoman. She hikes, bikes, and camps more than 150 days each year in an effort to avoid routine, complacency, and getting a real job.Ann Marie's work has appeared in Sunset, VIA, Backpacker, and California magazines. As a way of giving back a little of what she gets from her experiences in nature, she writes and edits for several environmental groups, including the Sierra Club and National Resources defence Council.
- Author(s)Ann Marie Brown,Tom Stienstra
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication31/05/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMoon Outdoors
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content NoteB&W photos and maps throughout
- Weight728 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement10th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.