All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTexas resident Andy Rhodes kws the best ways to experience Space City and the surrounding areas, from catching a performance at The Orange Show Monument to hiking through one of the Piney Woods National Forests. Rhodes includes unique trip ideas like Texas Family Road Trip and Houston's Huge History, as well as information on dining, transportation, and accommodations for a wide range of travel budgets. Complete with details on everything from visiting the NASA Space centre to catching some sun in Corpus Christi, Moon Houston & the Texas Gulf Coast gives travellers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
- Author BiographyAndy Rhodes has been living and traveling in Texas since 1994. He calls Austin home, but regularly explores the Texas Hill Country, East Texas pine forests, and Gulf Coast beaches. His favourite destination is the Big Bend region of far West Texas, where the enormous sky and rugged mountains beckon with the promise of solace, serenity, and low humidity.Since 2002, Andy has thoroughly covered the state as editor of the Texas Historical Commission's magazine The Medallion, offering him an opportunity to experience the Lone Star State's compelling heritage in both colossal cities and tiny towns. In the process, he's developed a keen appreciation for Texas's vernacular architecture and savoury barbecue. Andy's freelance articles have been published in Home & Away, American Cowboy, and Austin Monthly magazines, and his work has appeared in the Austin American Statesman newspaper. In 2009, Andy was named a featured author and served as a panelist at the prestigious Texas Book Festival.Andy earned a journalism degree from Ohio's Miami University in 1993. He lives in Austin with his wife Paula and sons Max and Daniel.
- Author(s)Andy Rhodes
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication22/10/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMoon Handbooks
- Place of PublicationChico
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content Notecolour and B&W photos throughout, Maps
- Weight290 g
- Width143 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.