All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBorn-and-raised Michigander Paul Vachon provides an insider's view of the Upper Peninsula, from the rocky outcrop of Copper Peak in the Superior Upland to the meadows and forests of quiet Drummond Island. Vachon also offers carefully designed itineraries to match the interests of any traveler, such as Echoes of the Edmund Fitzgerald, Getaway to Mackinac Island and Beyond, and Camping Out in the U.P. Complete with details on discovering the tranquility of Tahquamen Falls, boating at Indian Lake State Park, and enjoying music and dance at the glamorous Calumet Theatre, Moon Michigan's Upper Peninsula gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
- Author BiographyLifelong Michigander Paul Vachon's introduction to the Upper Peninsula came as a childhood trip to the fascinating Soo Locks in Sault Ste. Marie. From that point forward, he developed a love for travel in general, and for Michigan in particular. Over the years, Paul has visited virtually every corner of the Great Lakes State. One of his favorite pastimes is heading up north on I-75 to any of a myriad of Michigan destinations. Paul has also traveled extensively within and outside of the United States. His international destinations have included the U.S. Virgin Islands, Canada, Guatemala, Denmark, Italy, Israel, and Egypt. Paul began his writing career in 2008 and covers topics as diverse as travel, Detroit history, business, education, and green living. He is the author of three books on Detroit-area history: Forgotten Detroit, South Oakland County, and Legendary Locals of Detroit. Paul lives with his wife, Sheryl, and their son, Evan, in Oak Park, a suburb of Detroit. You can learn more about Paul by visiting his website, paulvachonwrites.com.
- Author(s)Paul Vachon
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication09/04/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMoon Handbooks
- Place of PublicationChico
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content NoteColor and B&W photos and maps throughout
- Weight357 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $24.89
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $41.14
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $14.90
- AU $12.80Trending at AU $14.33
- AU $23.55Trending at AU $29.98
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.10
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.