All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionFreelance writer and editor Carter G. Walker introduces you to the best of Montana and Wyoming, from the towering pines of Montana's Glacier Country to the art scene and high style of Jackson Hole and Cody. A longtime resident of Montana, Walker has plenty of unique trip ideas to offer, including Outdoor Adventures, Native American History & Culture, and Old West Meets New West. Whether you're looking to see bison and elk in Yellowstone National Park or attend the Fourth of July Rodeo in Livingston, Moon Montana & Wyoming gives you the tools you need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
- Author BiographyFrom the time she was eight years old, Carter G. Walker made annual family trips to a Wyoming dude ranch, where she fell in love with purple mountain majesties and all things equine. After she graduated early from Colgate University in Hamilton, New York, with an English literature degree, Carter landed, sight unseen, in Bozeman, Montana, and made the West her home. In two decades as a Westerner, Carter has stoked the flames of her love affair by balancing her intellectual need to tell stories with her physical yearning to explore wild places. She has worked as a wilderness guide in Montana and Wyoming as a naturalist guide in Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks as a wildland and structure firefighter and EMT and as a publisher, editor, and freelance writer. She is currently the editor of Western Art & Architecture and a contributing editor to Big Sky Journal. She continues to travel the backroads and little-known parts of the West as fodder for countless magazine features and food for her soul. In 2002, after a ski trip to the north pole was unexpectedly and serendipitously re-routed through the archipelago of Svalbard, Carter met and married Bjorn Saeteren, an absolute Viking and her hero when it came to the pursuit of adventure. The couple lives with their two adventuresome daughters, Sissel and Siri,both champion road warriors and cowgirls at heart,in Bozeman, Montana.
- Author(s)Carter G. Walker
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMoon Handbooks
- Place of PublicationChico
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content Notecolour and B&W photos, maps throughout
- Weight471 g
- Width140 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.