All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $95.49
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $21.99
About this product
- DescriptionNorthern California native Elizabeth Linhart Veneman kws the best way to experience Napa and Soma, from horseback riding in Southern Soma to visiting Petrified Forest to having lunch at Oxbow Market. In Moon Napa & Soma , Linhart Veneman offers recommendations for the region's must-see attractions and activities, and she also includes trip ideas like Wine Country on a Budget. Whether you're there for some serious wine-tasting or just a little R&R, Moon Napa & Soma gives you the tools you need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Linhart Veneman has always viewed growing up in Northern California as both a blessing and curse. There is so much to see, do, and experience all within a short drive-from broad sequoias in the Sierras to ancient lava beds north of Mount Shasta, from creaky Gold Rush towns to the pampering Wine Country-that she began to wonder why anyone would ever leave. Elizabeth was eventually lured out of the Golden State to Alaska's far north, where she traveled the Inside Passage, baked bread under the midnight sun in Denali National Park, and chronicled the state's burgeoning sustainable agriculture for Alaska Magazine. These adventures culminated in penning the travel guide InsightGuides: Alaska. But Elizabeth knew her California roots were too deep to stay away for long. Raised in Carmel, where her great-great grandmother opened the first restaurant (a soup kitchen with dirt floors!) at the turn of the 20th century, she would always call California home. So she returned and devoted herself to writing about the state she loves most. Her work has included the travel guides SmartGuide: San Francisco and InsightGuides: San Francisco, as well as reporting on food and sustainable agriculture for local publications. Elizabeth is still enchanted by Northern California's wondrous melding of natural splendor with cultural charm. She currently lives with her family in San Francisco's Richmond district.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Linhart Veneman
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication03/12/2013
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMoon Handbooks
- Place of PublicationChico
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content Notecolour and B&W photos throughout, Maps
- Weight371 g
- Width140 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.