Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionMoon Spotlight Beijing is an 110-page compact guide covering the city of Beijing, as well as surrounding areas. Author Susie Gordon offers her seasoned advice on must-see attractions, and includes maps with sightseeing highlights so you can make the most of your time. This lightweight guide is packed with recommendations on sights, entertainment, shopping, recreations, accommodations, food, and transportation, as well as easy-to-read maps, making navigating this multifaceted city uncomplicated and enjoyable. This Spotlight guidebook is excerpted from Moon Beijing & Shanghai.
- Author BiographySusie Gordon was born in Lancashire, England, and studied English at Oxford University before moving to London to work as a web content writer for an internet agency. She became interested in China at an early age, listening her grandfather's stories about the time he spent there as a shipping merchant in the 1950s and '60s, but it wasn't until 2008 that she saw the country for herself. After just one week there, she was already hooked: she was intrigued by Shanghai's mix of the contemporary and the historic--from the neon and steel of the modern skyline to the tree-arched lanes of the Old French Concession--and she fell in love with the contrast between the austerity of Communist architecture and the romantic, painted eaves of the Forbidden City in Beijing. After her vacation in China, Susie was so enamored of Shanghai that she decided to move there permanently. She has worked as a freelance journalist for a wide range of publications since then, including City Weekend magazine, Shanghai Business Review, That's Shanghai, and ChinaTravel.com. She has also appeared as a token Westerner in several movies and soap operas. Susie enjoys reading modern literary fiction, traveling in Asia, and learning foreign languages (her current goal is to master the notoriously difficult Shanghainese dialect). After having lived in Shanghai for three years, she is happy to be able to call it home.
- Author(s)Susie Gordon
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication10/05/2012
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMoon Spotlight
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Out-of-print date15/07/2013
- Content NoteB&W photos throughout, Maps
- Weight157 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.