Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionMoon Spotlight Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) is a 100-page compact guide covering the city of Saigon, as well as surrounding areas. Author Dana Filek-Gibson offers her seasoned advice on must-see attractions, and she includes maps with sightseeing highlights so you can make the most of your time. This lightweight guide is packed with recommendations on entertainment, shopping, recreation, accommodations, food, and transportation, making navigating this multifaceted city uncomplicated and enjoyable. This full-color Spotlight guidebook is excerpted from Moon Vietnam.
- Author BiographyFresh out of Emerson College, Dana Filek-Gibson moved to Saigon as an English teacher in 2010 and never left. Though she only intended to stay for a year, Vietnam's phenomenal street food and breakneck pace of development had her hooked from the very beginning. Over the next few months, she learned to speak Vietnamese, drive a motorbike, and safely cross the street--no easy feat in Saigon. After landing a job with AsiaLIFE, a local magazine, Dana was free to pursue her passion as a writer and her one-year plan quickly evolved into something more permanent. Since then, Dana has written about Vietnamese culture and tourism, as well as the daily adventures that come with being a redheaded expat in Saigon. An unabashed travel addict, her wanderlust has taken her beyond Vietnam to other corners of Southeast Asia--and also Europe, Latin America and Africa. On a fortuitous trip in 2011, Dana discovered traveling by bicycle and has sworn off buses ever since. When she's not writing or cycling her way across a country, she is an avid runner who hopes to one day complete a marathon in Southeast Asia. Today, Dana continues to write for AsiaLIFE and learn all she can about Vietnamese culture and history. Whether hitting the streets to discover Saigon's faraway districts, ringing in the lunar new year like a local, or learning the finer details of how to judge a chicken beauty contest, she counts every day in Vietnam as a new adventure.
- Author(s)Dana Filek-Gibson
- PublisherAvalon Travel Publishing
- Date of Publication24/09/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMoon Spotlight
- Place of PublicationChico
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAvalon Travel Publishing
- Content NoteColor photos and maps throughout
- Weight114 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.