All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOur oaths bind us together, the crow-woman had said. When an oath is broken there is a price. And it is always more than the oath breaker can pay.These words have haunted Fer, the Lady of the Summerlands, since she first heard them, but Fer kws that the oath she made to her kin is worth keeping, always. She's pledged to serve her people with honesty and without using the disguise and deception of a glamorie. Yet Fer has also made a critical mistake: she's trusted others to fulfill the same vow, one that many are unwilling and unable to keep.Now an oath has been broken, and the Forsworn, a renegade group of Lords and Ladies, have unleashed the consequences of their betrayal onto the lands. A stillness is creeping into the realm, threatening to destroy them all, and only Fer has the power to fight it. Still, she can't do it alone. But when help arrives, it comes from Rook, a puck-boy whose very nature is to trick her. Can Fer trust the unbound puck to stay true And can she protect her people before it's too late Fer must save her realm from the Forsworn, a group destroying the land with their broken oaths, in Moonkind, the conclusion to award-winning author Sarah Prineas's fantasy-adventure series, which includes Winterling, Summerkin, and the short story Thrice Sworn.As the Lady of the Summerlands, Fer has vowed to serve her people without the deception of the glamorie, and she had trusted other leaders to fulfill the same promise. But t all of the Lords and Ladies want to keep their oaths, and they've unleashed the consequences of their betrayal onto the lands. Only Fer, with the help of the puck-boy Rook, can fight the stillness invading the realm. But can she trust Rook And can she protect her people before it's too lateSarah Prineas combines a brave and resourceful young heroine with a richly detailed fantasy world and beloved folklore into a story that will delight middle-grade fans of Diana Wynne Jones, Ingrid Law, and Rick Riordan.
- Author BiographySarah Prineas lives in the midst of the corn in rural Iowa, where she wrangles dogs, cats, chickens, and goats, goes on lots of hikes, and finds time to write. She is also the author of Ash & Bramble, a retelling of Cinderella. She is married to a physics professor and has two kids. You can visit Sarah online at www.sarah-prineas.com.
- Author(s)Sarah Prineas
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication30/12/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleSummerlands
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight191 g
- Width130 mm
- Height194 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 8 to 12 years
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $15.07Trending at AU $18.11
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $25.74
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.00
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.40
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $12.65
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.