All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionIn February 1919, in memoriam of the recent passing of President Theodore Roosevelt, a group of civic leaders began the planning of a monumental road-the Theodore Roosevelt International Highway. Spanning more than 4,000 miles, the highway connected Portland, Maine to Portland, Oregon through the most rthern states and Ontario Canada. Boasting seascapes and lake views, mountain vistas, and a breathtaking drive through the awesome Columbia River Gorge, the Theodore Roosevelt International Highway was the rthernmost of the few transcontinental roads available in the 1920s and 30s and soon became an important route for the up and coming automobile. No other route has duplicated the Highway's variety and scenic grandeur or did more to encourage travel. Moose Crossing is the story of Theodore Roosevelt and the highway he inspired. It is a story of how Max Skidmore unearthed the remnants of America's most fascinating auto trail and experienced it all the way from Portland to Portland.
- Author BiographyMax J. Skidmore is University of Missouri Curator's Professor of Political Science and Thomas Jefferson Fellow at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota. An accomplished author, Dr. Skidmore has published numerous books including Social Security and its Enemies, Presidential Performance, and the Thorpe Menn Award winning After the White House.
- Author(s)Max J. Skidmore
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/10/2006
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHamilton Books
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight535 g
- Width181 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.