All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrounded in path-breaking research but written in an accessible, engaging style Moral Talk Across the Lifespan explores how our most fundamental moral commitments are shaped by crucial conversations with family members, romantic partners, and friends. Taking a lifespan approach, the authors demonstrate that moral growth is a continual process, one stimulated by transitions (e.g., leaving home for university) and disruptive events (serious illness). With chapters penned by leading relationship scholars, the volume contributes original thinking, data, and invative theoretical pathways for researchers. For instructors it explores pressing moral questions encountered by students in their own relationships with romantic partners, friends, parents, and other family members. When is revealing a secret the right thing to do? Is revenge ever a worthy response to an insult or sleight? Why are young adults persuaded to accept some of their parents' values but t others? Is there a right (or wrong) way to support a parent facing a terminal illness? Moral Talk Across the Lifespan offers a stimulating blend of social science research and moral reflection. It is a key text for courses in Relational Communication, Family Communication, Interpersonal Communication, and Communication Ethics.
- Author BiographyVince Waldron (PhD Ohio State University) is Professor of Communication at Arizona State University. He is the author of four books, including Communicating Emotion at Work (2012). Dr. Douglas Kelley (PhD University of Arizona) is Professor of Communication at Arizona State University. He is the author/co-author of three books including Marital Communication (2012).
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication28/06/2015
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleLifespan Communication
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight350 g
- Width150 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDouglas L. Kelley,Vince Waldron
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.