All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecently, the connection between inflammation and heart disease, arthritis, and other chronic diseases has become established. Many food allergies inefficiently and overabundantly stimulate the immune system to react and cause inflammatory responses. Any inflammation in the body interferes with and slows down metabolism and the healing response. Chronic inflammation within our bodies erodes our wellness and paves the path for ill health. Today's research clearly shows that our health is very dependent on the food we eat. Poor nutrition choices and hidden food allergies can cause inflammation in the body, which can lead to serious, chronic diseases like heart disease, cancer and stroke, the three leading causes of death in the United States. Inflammation is also linked to arthritis, diabetes, asthma, and allergies. Dr. Black wrote The Anti-Inflammation Diet & Recipe Book in 2006, the first book to give the complete anti-inflammation program with specifics on how to eat and cook in order to prevent and counter inflammation, because many of her patients wanted to follow a naturopathic, anti-inflammatory diet but couldn't find any recipes to use. The anti-inflammatory diet eliminates many common allergenic foods that may promote inflammation in the body and reduces intake of pesticides, hormones, and antibiotic residues. The diet is full of whole foods, eliminates processed foods, sugars, and other man-made foods such as hydrogenated oils, and encourages ample vegetable intake for essential nutrients. The anti-inflammatory diet therefore promotes simpler and easier digestion and offers less insult on the body by reducing intake of toxins and other difficult to digest foods. If the blood and lymph are properly supplied and difficult to digest or assimilate foods are eliminated, cellular function, or in other words, metabolism, improves. Therefore the body is supported in such a way as to facilitate cellular regeneration and t cellular degeneration, which may promote disease. After the success of her first book, Dr. Black follows up with even more information, recipes, and tips to minimize or prevent inflammation by changing your diet. As stress and emotional issues are connected to inflammation, she encourages people to adopt an Anti-Inflammatory Lifestyle (AIL) that includes exercise and lifestyle suggestions. The first part of the book uses the latest research to explain the benefits of the anti-inflammatory diet, detailing the science behind the recipes. Then, she reveals the basics of cooking to reduce inflammation. She gives the low-down on using different kinds of oil, sweeteners, and substitutions, and she includes a resource list on where to get certain foods, a grocery list of food you should have in your kitchen, and charts of foods to eat chart and foods to avoid. (Leading up to publication these charts and perhaps a daily recipe will be available as downloads, after publication they will be part of a smart phone app). The second half of the book contains 150 recipes, many of which can be used as templates for even greater meals. Dr. Black and her two daughters prepared and tested all the recipes, using organic and nutrient-rich foods, eliminating common allergenic foods, and reducing the intake of pesticides and hormones--all of which help to build stronger, healthier, healing bodies. The author offers substitution suggestions and includes a full nutrition analysis with each of the recipes. Icons identify recipes that are responsive to dietary restrictions, i.e., vegan, gluten-free, dairy free, etc. Whether you're ready for breakfast or dessert, Dr. Black has a delicious recipe for you to use and share with your family and friends so that you can live healthy, inflammation-free lifestyles.
- Author BiographyDr. Jessica Black graduated from the National College of Naturopathic Medicine where she obtained her medical training. She attended Cardinal Stritch University prior to her medical studies and graduated cum laude with a bachelor of arts. In 2006, Dr. Black published The Anti-Inflammation Diet and Recipe Book after working on perfecting her recipes and selling locally for a couple of years. In 2010, she co-authored Living with Crohn's and Colitis; A Comprehensive Naturopathic Guide to Health and Wellness with Dede Cummings. Dr. Black and her husband, Dr. Jason Black, enjoy dividing their time between their two Oregon clinic locations offering family healthcare to Multnomah, Yamhill, and surrounding counties. She specializes in women's medicine including natural hormone balancing for menopause and childhood wellness including chronic asthma and acute and chronic illness in children. Dr. Black also acts as the naturopathic advisor for MamaBaby Haiti, a non-profit organization providing birthing and pediatric care to people of Haiti. Dr. Black and her husband co-founded Herb Fusion in 2011 and are working on a line of specialized products for improving the health of their patients and families. She enjoys spending time with her husband and two beautiful spirited daughters in addition to celebrating food and drink creations with friends and family.
- Author(s)Jessica K. Black
- PublisherHunter House Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication18/12/2012
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationAlameda, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1899
- ImprintHunter House Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note30 B&W photos, Charts
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.37
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.