All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionMake your kitchen more bearable to burly men with big appetites! Loosen your belts and make room for seconds! PJ Gray, author of Bear Cookin': The Original Guide to Bear Comfort Foods, is back with More Bear Cookin': Bigger and Better, serving up ather helping of mouth-watering recipes, handy kitchen tips, and tributes to comfort foods. Seasoned with humor and served with a side order of fun, this flavorful collection combines favorites like Use Your Tool and More Bearable Meal Suggestions from the original book with new food and information features like Did Ya Kw? and Kitchen Tips. The book also includes a glossary of cooking techlogy, recipe measures and equivalencies, and emergency ingredient substitutions. Home-style cooking holds a special place in the hearts (and bellies) of bears, who can take comfort in the hearty fare found in the personal and family recipes presented in More Bear Cookin': Bigger and Better. Find everything you need for three squares a day--and all snacks in between--in sections like Lip Smackin' Snackin', Woofy Breakfast, More Hearty Sides, Come-and-Get-It Entrees, More Bear Meat, and Way Beyond the Honey Pot. The book offers practical tips about food preparation, cooking and storage, how to cook a holiday turkey, how to work with sugar, syrup, and honey, and refrigerator care and maintenance. More Bear Cookin' also pays loving tribute to the magical powers of peanut butter, eggs, potatoes, cheese, mayonnaise, meat broth, and chocolate, dishes on Diner Talk (waiter/waitress lingo), and Leftover Life (general rules for food safety), and gives up The Skinny on Fat (cooking with fats and oils). More Bear Cookin': Bigger and Better includes such rich, satisfying recipes as: * Bachelor Bear Toast * White Trash Stash * Deep-Fried Twinkies * Stay For Breakfast * Chocolate Gravy, Baby * I-95 Waffles * Spam(R)-it, Damn-it * Triple Cheese Mac Attack * Tailgater Soup * Potato Salad from Hell * French Fry Pizza Fry * Boo Boo's Biscuit Cake * (I'm) Nuts Over Chicken and Biscuits * Big Fat Greek Spinach Pie * Honey, Lick My Chops * Flamin Jiffy Steak * Classic 7-UP(R) CakeMore Bear Cookin': Bigger and Better is a worthy successor to Bear Cookin': The Original Guide to Bear Comfort Foods, adding more recipes, more helpful hints, and more special features to your kitchen.
- Author BiographyP.J. Gray is an award-winning freelance writer and author of Bear Cookin' and Rebel Yell 2: More Stories of Contemporary Southern Gay Men (both available from Turnaround).
- Author(s)P. J. Gray
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication19/10/2005
- SubjectSex & Sexuality
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaworth Press Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.