All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $183.03
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $70.92
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.77
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $25.41
- AU $34.18Trending at AU $36.92
- AU $31.75Trending at AU $37.28
- AU $28.90Trending at AU $35.37
About this product
- DescriptionCelebrate the 75th anniversary of the perennial favorite Caps for Sale with this never-before-published sequel to the beloved classic! In this first posthumous book from Esphyr Slobodkina, those mischievous monkeys are at it again, bringing laughs to a new generation of readers. The sequel, More Caps for Sale, picks up right where Caps for Sale left off, as the peddler comes face-to-face with those monkeys and their funny business yet again. More Caps for Sale is based on story ideas discussed by Slobodkina and Ann Marie Mulhearn Sayer throughout their years as friends and business associates prior to Esphyr's death in 2002. With simple text and illustrations, filled with warmth and humor, this sequel is perfect for early readers and follows a great folktale tradition. Since Caps for Sale was first published in 1940, millions of children have savored the original tale of the peddler, his caps, and a band of very funny monkeys, and w this charming sequel continues the story!
- Author BiographyEsphyr Slobodkina (1908-2002), internationally renowned artist and author of the children's classic Caps for Sale, was among the first female American artists to explore abstraction and the first to use collage in American storybooks. She studied art in Russia and China before immigrating to the United States in 1928. She was a founding member of the American Abstract Artists group, and her work is represented in prominent museum collections across the country. Ann Marie Mulhearn Sayer met Esphyr Slobodkina in 1996, when she was hired to write musical narratives for Caps for Sale and other Slobodkina books. Slobodkina and Sayer became close friends, and Sayer has administrated and exhibited Slobodkina's works for over eighteen years. Using Slobodkina's original art and reflecting upon hours of conversations with her on perspective and her choices in stylization, Sayer employed great care to develop each layout as the artist herself might have done. More Caps for Sale is based on story ideas from Slobodkina and Sayer's imagination with prior permission from Slobodkina. Through this posthumous story, Sayer awakens Slobodkina's voice.
- Author(s)Ann Marie Mulhearn Sayer,Esphyr Slobodkina
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight471 g
- Width235 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Esphyr Slobodkina
- Interest AgeFrom 4
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.