All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
About this product
- DescriptionBuilding on the foundational teaching in Core Skills for Children's Work, this complementary resources offers six key modules of extended training for children's workers and their teams of adult helpers and young leaders. More Core Skills for Children's Work draws further on the comprehensive and highly accessible expertise of a wide ecumenical team under the guidance of the Consultative Group for Ministry Among Children (CGMC). Interdeminational in its approach, the material is suitable for anyone working with children in a church context. Each module fits readily into a two-hour programme, which can be run as a one-off stand-alone session or built into a wider training scheme over an extended period of time. The six areas of learning explore specific issues, designed to deepen understanding and widen kwledge of what it means to undertake the vital role of nurturing children in the church. The six sessions explore: Transitions Special needs Challenging behaviour The global dimension Children's advocacy Young leaders All six modules have been thoroughly field-tested as two-hour programmes in ecumenical pilot groups. Each interactive session is designed to build on basic skills for children's work teams at all levels of expertise and experience. To accompany the material, the CORE website offers many additional resources, web-links, articles and book suggestions to help all participants expand their CORE kwledge. More Core Skills for Children's Work is devised and developed by members of the Consultative Group on Ministry among Children (CGMC). All material has been piloted by a wide network of church traditions, drawn from Churches in Britain and Ireland.
- Author BiographyThe Consultative Group on Ministry among Children was constituted in its present form in 1972. It is an official network of Churches Together in Britain and Ireland (CTBI). It exists to bring together all those with national responsibility for work with children in denominations and Christian agencies who are in sympathy with the aims and objectives of Churches Together in Britain and Ireland. Karen Morrison is the Head of Children's and Youth Work for the United Reformed Church and also a former Moderator of the Consultative Group on Ministry Among Children (CGMC). A key part of her role within the URC is to write programme and resource materials for 5-18s for Pilots, which sits within the United Reformed Church and works with several denominations including the Methodist Church, Baptist Church, Congregational Federation, Church of England, Church of Scotland and the Church in Wales. She is also a trustee of Roots, an ecumenical, lectionary-based resource for those working with children and young people. Her published material includes contributions for publications such as Partners in Learning and, more recently, CORE Skills for Children's Work, for which she is part of the management group. Karen is responsible for a minimum of two publications each year for use with children, one based on worship and the other on the study of a country. She either writes or edits the material, which always includes theme-based ideas for crafts, worship, activities, games and theme exploration. Karen also writes articles and magazine pieces and is involved with training adults to work with children and young people. Karen lives in Hampshire with her family and six chickens.
- PublisherBRF (The Bible Reading Fellowship)
- Date of Publication17/09/2010
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.