Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.62Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.57
- AU $44.58Trending at AU $48.05
- AU $22.81Trending at AU $28.22
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $48.53
- AU $13.34Trending at AU $24.90
About this product
- DescriptionTantor Media presents a collection of some of the most popular Christmas stories read by two award-winning narrators. This special anthology will transport listeners back to the Christmases of their youth, when they first heard these holiday tales. From Henry Van Dyke's classic Christmas blessing, Keeping Christmas, to Charles Dickens's popular tale of yuletide redemption, A Christmas Carol, More Favorite Stories of Christmas Past has something for everyone. Also included is Louisa May Alcott's inspirational A Christmas Dream, and How It Came True, as well as four other Christmas classics that can be heard and shared year after year. The classics that can be found in More Favorite Stories of Christmas Past are: Keeping Christmas by Henry Van Dyke; A Christmas Dream, and How It Came True by Louisa May Alcott; The Last Dream of the Old Oak by Hans Christian Andersen; Christmas at Red Butte by Lucy Maud Montgomery; The Little Match Girl by Hans Christian Andersen; Rosa's Tale by Louisa May Alcott; and A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.
- Author BiographyLouisa May Alcott (1832-1888) published over thirty books and collections of stories, most notably the groundbreaking coming-of-age novel Little Women. Hans Christian Andersen (1805-1875) was a Danish writer who gained fame with his fairy tales, such as The Ugly Duckling and The Little Mermaid, which were cleverly written to disguise the tales' sophisticated moral teachings. Charles Dickens (1812-1870) was the widely popular author of such classic novels as Oliver Twist, Nicholas Nickleby, The Old Curiosity Shop, A Christmas Carol, and David Copperfield. Lucy Maud Montgomery was one of the most famous Canadian writers of the twentieth century. She is best known for her books for young adults, particularly Anne of Green Gables and its six sequels. Coming soon... One of AudioFile magazine's Golden Voices, Simon Prebble has received over twenty Earphones Awards and five Listen-Up Awards, and he has been a finalist fourteen times for an Audie Award. In 2006, Publishers Weekly named him Narrator of the Year, and he was named Booklist's 2010 Voice of Choice. Joyce Bean is an accomplished audiobook narrator and director. In addition to being an AudioFile Earphones Award winner, she has been nominated multiple times for a prestigious Audie Award, including for Good-bye and Amen by Beth Gutcheon.
- Author(s)Charles Dickens,Hans Christian Andersen,Henry Van Dyke,Louisa May Alcott,Lucy Montgomery
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication06/10/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Simon Prebble,Joyce Bean
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time300
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.