All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionMore Folk Strings is a collection of melodies from around the world, in a variety of moods and with rhythmic patterns and harmonies that are representative of their country of origin. Because of the flexible scoring used in More Folk Strings, players at a variety of levels can make music together and less experienced players can play the solo (melody) parts, which use little or shifting and are in accessible keys. Some pieces in the collection are easier than others. The collection is available in a number of instrumentations for string quartet or string orchestra, for violin ensemble, viola ensemble, cello ensemble, for two, three, or four violin, viola or cello players in any combination of these instruments, and for solo violin, solo viola, and solo cello. The pia accompaniment may be used with any of the combinations. In More Folk Strings for String Quartet or String Orchestra, the melody is passed around so that all members of the ensemble can have the opportunity to play the tune. Score and parts are marked with melody and harmony to help players bring out the melody at the appropriate moment. Teachers' tes provide lyrics and background information on each folk song in addition to rehearsal and performance suggestions.
- PublisherAlfred Publishing Co., Inc.
- Date of Publication01/06/2003
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlfred Publishing Co., Inc.
- Out-of-print date25/02/2016
- Weight272 g
- Width221 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.