About this product
- DescriptionFrances Hesselbein inspires people from all walks of life, from Fortune 500 CEOs to philanthropists, military general officers, young leaders, and nprofit executives in every social sector. Leadership, she teaches, begins t with what you do, but with who you are. --Jim Collins, author of Good to Great and How the Mighty Fall Get wisdom and advice on a range of timeless leadership topics and challenges from Frances Hesselbein, president and CEO of the acclaimed Frances Hesselbein Leadership Institute. This collection of compelling articles is a must-read for leaders who need to be prepared to guide their organizations into an uncertain future. With rare intelligence and keen insight, she: * Offers an impassioned discussion about her zeal for diversity and inclusion * Takes a hard look at today's pervasive atmosphere of cynicism and mistrust * Reveals how leaders can change the lives of children, schools, and communitities * Extols a new generation that relate to the maxim Leadership is a matter of how to be, t how to do * Shows what it takes to be a true leader during a crisis * And more.
- Author BiographyFrances Hesselbein is the president and CEO of the Frances Hesselbein Leadership Institute (formerly the Leader to Leader Institute) and editor in chief of the award-winning quarterly journal Leader to Leader as well as coeditor of 27 books translated into 29 languages. Named the Best Nonprofit Manager in America by Fortune magazine, she serves on many nonprofit and corporate boards and has won numerous awards and honors, including the highest civilian honor in the United States, the Presidential Medal of Freedom. The award presented to her by President William J. Clinton recognized her exemplary leadership as CEO of the Girl Scouts of the USA from 1976 to 1990, her role as the founding president of the Drucker Foundation, and her service as a pioneer for women, diversity, and inclusion. She is the author of her autobiography My Life in Leadership: The Journey and Lessons Learned Along the Way.
- Author(s)Frances Hesselbein
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication23/07/2012
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleJ-B Leader to Leader Institute/PF Drucker Foundation
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight242 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Foreword byJames M. Kouzes
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.